Today, I started the honey extraction process. There are a few tools and items you want to have on hand when you are doing this process:
- 8×10 Tarp (Camping Grade)
- 5 Gallon Bucket (food grade w/ cover)
- A Capping Knife or Tool
- A few pairs of Disposable Gloves
- A Honey Strainer or Mesh Bag
- A Spatula
- Newspaper, Plastic containers and other things to mitigate the mess.
Here is a link to a video that explains the steps I took to do this first extraction. I only did a few frames so, I will post additional updates on the process to share the efficiencies that I have found.
Just in case you missed it! Check out the Extraction Video